- Based on the success of the companies digital growth and America’s desire for more easy-to-read content for their mobile devices, the company has developed the Recipe of the Day eNewsletter. The idealization is to deliver our daily syndicated TV show recipe and video to audiences, allowing them to connect with this content where and when they want to consume it.
- Release of Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s, “The Ultimate Air-Fryer Cookbook”.
- Release of Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s, “Guilt-Free Comfort Favorites”.
- History was made when the Mr. Food Test Kitchen taped their 8000th episode. The nationally syndicated segments airs weekdays throughout the country on network news. This milestone has earned has earned this highly respected TV vignette the title of being the longest running syndicated news insert in history.
- After producing more than 60 best-selling cookbook over a span of 35 year, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen is proud to announce release of its first title in their Ultimate book series, with The Ultimate Cooking for Two Cookbook. Each book contains more than 130 triple-tested recipes, including a full-page photo, and large print to make it easy to read while you’re cooking.
- As the demand for the printed cookbook continues to grow, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen publishing division is excited to be publishing and ghost writing cookbooks for hugely popular TV personalities and celebrity chefs under their Cogin Inc imprint. Currently there are 4 titles to be released over the next 2 years, with several more in the pipeline.
- Patty Rosenthal, who joined the company in 1994, is appointed the prestigious title of VP of Culinary Development. Patty has earned this title after consistently exceed expectations with her knowledge of recipe development and project management. Her responsibilities include producing content for every aspect of the company – including the TV segments, cookbooks and all digital platforms. The Test Kitchen is the heart of the Mr. Food business and no one has a better pulse on how America eats better than Mrs. Rosenthal.
- The Mr. Food Test Kitchen teams up with the most successful TV game show of all time to create the Wheel of Fortune Collectible Cookbook. So if you’re watching Wheel of Fortune and you happen to see Howard on the show with Pat and Vanna, you aren’t dreaming. It’s all part of the Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s national PR campaign to launch this exciting title. If there were a prize puzzle for our latest cookbook it would spell out, “OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!”
- Jodi Flayman, who joined the Mr. Food Test Kitchen team 12 years ago as a special project manager, has been promoted to the Director of Publishing. Mrs. Flayman will oversee all aspects of the company’s publishing arm, from concept creation to printing and distribution.
- The Mr. Food Test Kitchen expands their partnership with NFRA (National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association) with additional representation throughout multiple media outlets.
- The Mr. Food Test Kitchen begins work on the next cookbook published by the American Diabetes Association. This is the 6th cookbook in collaboration with the ADA and is scheduled for release in Spring 2015.
- A partnership with ShoptoCook brings Mr. Food Test Kitchen recipes and daily videos to consumers at the point of purchase through grocery store interactive kiosks.
- Launch of redesigned website featuring easier navigation, an updated search engine, a mobile-friendly video player, and active blog.
- Mr. Food Test Kitchen proudly launches ceramic bakeware line of products at the International Housewares Show in Chicago.
- The Mr. Food Test Kitchen launches a content-rich diabetes website, www.EverydayDiabeticRecipes.com. This new site features healthy, diabetes-friendly recipes that follow the Mr. Food brand’s founding “Quick & Easy” philosophy along with complete nutritional analysis.
- Mr. Food Test Kitchen strategically works with CBS Television Distribution to explore new digital broadcast and video opportunities. The addition of new markets expands the reach of the nationally syndicated Mr. Food Test Kitchen to 4.5 million viewers daily.
- The Mr. Food Test Kitchen launches “Just One More Bite!” on QVC in November. This cookbook highlights mouthwatering family favorites that you just can’t resist.
- Partnering with the Idaho Potato Commission, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen becomes an advocate for consumer growth by facilitating an online Heart Healthy Potato recipe contest collecting and testing hundreds of recipes. The winning recipe was featured on the nationally syndicated Mr. Food Test Kitchen TV segment.
- The Mr. Food Test Kitchen releases their 5th American Diabetes Association cookbook, “Hello Taste, Goodbye Guilt!” featuring over 150 diabetes-friendly recipes.
- Partnering with Housewares International, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen begins development on a branded line of ceramic bakeware bringing our trusted name into retail stores across the country.
- A new studio is built for the Mr. Food Test Kitchen television segments including state of the art video equipment. The fresher, more modern style of the set and content delivery proves a winning combination and is well received by stations and viewers alike.
- Howard Rosenthal steps into the role of on-air personality for the Mr. Food Test Kitchen TV segments.
- Founder of the Mr. Food brand, Art Ginsburg passes away. Well-loved by his peers, television viewers and website visitors, Art leaves behind a legacy that is carried on by the Mr. Food Test Kitchen today.
- Mr. Food Test Kitchen releases free online Thanksgiving Side Dish Survival Guide to help alleviate the stress of holiday planning.
- Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s “Sinful Sweets & Tasty Treats” cookbook launches and sells out twice on QVC. This delightful collection of more than 150 desserts is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
- TV market additions expand the audience reach to more than 2.75 million viewers daily.
- Howard Rosenthal begins making periodic co-host appearances in the Test Kitchen.
- It’s evident that readers have a sweet tooth. To satisfy their cravings, the Mr. Food Test Kitchen launches a new eNewsletter entitled “Just Desserts”. The newsletters surpasses 75k opt-in subscribers.
- Release of “Mr. Food Test Kitchen: Quick & Easy Comfort Cookbook”.
- Mr. Food strengthens partnership with Salad Savoy Corporation and helping to spread the word about their product line.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s Publishing arm, Cogin, Inc. launches a two (2) book set on QVC with over 13k books sold in less than 5 minutes with close to $22K in sales per minute.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s Broadcasting Division, in conjunction with CBS Television Distribution, adds/renews 14 television markets via a multi-year agreement with Nexstar Broadcasting.
- Art Ginsburg, hands off the baton to Howard Rosenthal and names him Chief Operating Officer of the Mr. Food Brand. Rosenthal will oversee all company operations including sales, strategic alliances, broadcasting, internet and publication divisions of the company.
- MrFood.com is re-launched in May with thousands of recipes and how-to videos. In addition, eNewsletters and eCookbooks are launched producing a record year in growth with more than 500,000 subscribers growing at an unprecedented rate with an overall 369% increase in unique visitors and 252% growth in pages views.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s headquarters adds a self-publishing division, Cogin, Inc. and adds new cookbooks to its cookbook library of more than 50+ titles. The first self-published cookbook TV Favorites is released with more than 15k units sold in about 8 minutes and close to $25K in sales per minute on QVC.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s Licensing Division focuses on new partnerships and secures deal with National Frozen and Refrigerated Foods Association as well as renewals with Idaho Potato Commission and Kansas Wheat Commission.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s segment celebrates 25 years of syndication success with King World/CBS Television Distribution more than 30 years on the air!
- The Mr. Food Brand’s Publishing Division strikes publication deal with Health Communications, Inc. to expand and integrate the Mr. Food Brand into the highly successful Chicken Soup for the Soul Series.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s Test Kitchens focus on developing cookbooks for major corporations and companies such as Panasonic, Domino Sugar, Salad Savoy, Rodale, American Media and more.
- The Mr. Food Brand’s Cookbooks break all forecast projections and makes publishing history with Direct Mail Continuity Program through Oxmoor House, a division of AOL Time Warner ultimately selling more than 2 million sets.
- The Mr. Food Brand partners with the American Diabetes Association (ADA) team to create Mr. Food’s Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking. The cookbook goes on to become one of the ADA’s best-selling consumer books, with the same title translated into Spanish, a second Mr. Food title released in 2002 and a third in 2004.
- A new MrFood.com website is launched hosting a wide array of recipes along with great cooking tips and information.
- “OOH IT’S SO GOOD!!® ” as spoken by Art Ginsburg, is registered by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as one of only 25 copyrighted sound marks.
- The Mr. Food headquarters expands to encompass a state of the art television studio, test kitchen, and production and publishing offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Art Ginsburg is among the first authors to appear on the QVC shopping network, selling 8,000 copies of the first two Quick ‘n’ Easy Mr. Food cookbooks in just minutes!
- William Morrow & Company signs Mr. Food to what will be the first of numerous cookbook contracts.
- King World, currently CBS Television Distribution begins nationally syndicating the Mr. Food segment. It continues to be aired in more than 100 markets and reaches 4.5 million daily viewers nationwide.
- Art Ginsburg self-syndicates the 90 second Mr. Food segment to 9 television markets.
- Butcher turned caterer/actor Art Ginsburg creates and begins broadcasting his Quick & Easy television segment.